Friday, March 18, 2011

4 Year Anniversary

Last Thursday, March 10, we celebrated our 4 year anniversary being married. I can't believe it's been 4 years but then again, it seems like we've been married forever!
Jacob took the whole day off work so we could spend all day together! We decided that this year we would give sentimental or handmade gifts instead of buying them. It was so much fun to come up with fun gifts for him. The picture below is how I set up our kitchen table when he woke up.

I made fortune cookies out of felt and inside each of a fun memory together or a reason why I loved him. Then I sprinkled Hershey Kisses all around and set out two engagement photos.
I made a tag to go with it that said, "I am so FOURtunate to have been married to you for FOUR years!"


We had sparkling cider later on with our disposable "wine glasses."

I also made us both love journals. Every night, you write down 3 nice things about your spouse or a nice memory or thing that they did for you. At the end of the week, you exchange journals and read what the other person wrote. I love this idea. I think it will strengthen our marriage more and more each day.

I also made a heart on our bed with Hershey Kisses.
Jacob and I met while he was working at Deseret Book. So he decided to put on his "work" clothes and pose for a picture.

These next two photos are us at dinner. We brought our kids along too so Talmage took both the pictures (hence the blurriness).


We had a wonderful anniversary. Jacob wrote me a very sweet poem. He is so sweet! We had a nice breakfast in the morning and then headed out to Glendale to try out their mall. It was a fun adventure. We then finished the night off by eating dinner at Rosa's Mexican Grille and watching a chick flick at home. I'm so excited for many anniversaries to come! I love you Hubby!

No comments: