Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 weeks

October 23, 2012
31 weeks


Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. I was hoping for another ultrasound but knew that most likely I wouldn't receive one. After the 20 week mark, only medically necessary ultrasounds are performed. So if the pregnancy seems normal and measurements are on track, they won't schedule an ultrasound. Knowing this, I still thought I'd ask. The nurse practitioner I was meeting with at time, told me that she'd measure my belly and see how if I was on pace. To my surprise, I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. She then ordered an ultrasound right then to check on the baby. Either there was too much fluid or the baby was actually large and measuring ahead. Overall, the baby is about 2 weeks ahead but her head circumference is measuring 3 weeks ahead. My due date is still December 25th but I am hoping for much sooner. I don't want to deliver a huge baby! So for everyone who says my tummy is small and I don't look very far along...you're wrong! I'm actually 2 weeks larger!  We get another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see the progress!

No comments: