Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Advent

 Our THANKSgiving Tree
November 22, 2012


After all the decor and excitement of Halloween was over, I felt like there was nothing left for Thanksgiving. There's always fall decor, but not much focused on the actual holiday of Thanksgiving. So I came up with a Thanksgiving advent calendar. I cut out a tree from a few pieces of brown construction paper. Then, I cut out multiple fall leaves, totaling 22, for 22 days until Thanksgiving. We started on November 1st. Each day, the kids would choose a leaf and add it to our Thanksgiving tree. Then, we'd write something that we were thankful for. The kids absolutely LOVED this! Everyday, they always reminded me that we needed to put up another leaf. So here is a picture of the finished product, on Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Clarissa B. said...

This is so cute! You are such a great mom!