Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sleep? Who needs it?


First of all, Talmage is the best baby. He can't help that he gets tummy aches. We think he has colic. The past few nights, he sleeps until 1:00 am and then stays up until 4:00 am screaming because of his horrible tummy aches. 3 hours straight...It breaks my heart. There is nothing I can do to make it better. All I can do is just cry with him. I hate seeing him in pain. We have Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops which work pretty well when he gets tummy aches during the day but not at night. Poor little guy! I honestly think that I no longer need the recommended 6-8 hours of sleep. I think it's the power of motherhood that keeps me going on 3 hours of sleep every night. Sometimes I ended up getting 6 hours but I'm waking up every 2 hours and sometimes staying up for 3 hours in a row so it feels like I'm getting no sleep. But I am making it! Just looking at that cute little boy keeps me going. I know it's all worth it! I would do anything for my little boy! I would never sleep again if I had to!

Does anyone have any advice for colicky babies? Anything that works?

2 comments:

Brenick said...

thats so wierd cuz in the last blog you were talking about how good he was.

but we used this stuff called "colic calm" you can buy it online. it seemed to help. we also put him on a lactose-free formula and that helped alot. Youre breastfeeding right? If so, maybe stop drinking milk and see if that helps him.. some babies cant tolerate the cow's milk protein and lactose very well.

anyways, i sympathize with you. jonas was soo colicky until he was like 4 months old. it was hard. but you can get through it.

Suzannah said...

Poor Talmage. :( I hope things get better soon. Lucy is having problems with her tummy too at night. But she's been doing pretty good today, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how tonight goes.Good luck!