Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No Baby Yet!

Almost...but not quite! Saturday morning, around 6 am, I started contracting regularly. I timed my contractions for an hour, then called my doctor. They were coming every 2-4 minutes and starting to hurt. My doctor said to head over to the hospital. Being my second baby, I was totally convinced that this was REAL labor. It was pretty painful. Once I got to the hospital, the nurse told me I was contracting like crazy and I'd probably have the baby that day. After about an hour, I dilated from 2 cm to 3.5 cm and from 50% effaced to 80% effaced. Again, I was convinced that I was going to have a baby. Then, my contractions got really irregular and I stopped dilating. I went for a 45 minute speed walk around the hospital and still, no change. I was discouraged. The nurse figured out that the baby was in a posterior position, meaning she was head down but her face was up, instead of pointing towards my back. This is what caused my irregular contractions and stopped dilation. I'm still -2 station because she won't move down until she turns. Soooo, I was sent home with pain meds, still having contractions. That night the contractions stopped and I've had hardly ANY contractions since! I guess I should get used to being pregnant because she's not coming anytime soon. I'm just hoping I can be induced on my due date and not have to be overdue. So there's my sad story of no baby. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow so who knows when she's going come! Her timer's almost up!

No comments: