Saturday, August 9, 2008
Hospital Visit #2
Well here we go again! On Tuesday morning I went into the hospital for contractions...again. They were coming every 2 minutes. Luckily though, they only dilated me a 1/2 centimeter. So I'm now 1 1/2 cm and 75% effaced. As a result, they weren't really worried about the contractions or stopping them like last time.
About 30 minutes after I got there, I spiked a low fever of 100. About 30-40 minutes later, it had increased to 102 which was bad news. Talmage's heartrate increased also. He was stressed out and couldn't release the heat he felt. His heartrate was in the 220's for awhile which was really scary!! I felt so bad. I just wanted my fever to go away and Talmage to cool down.
As a result, they started an IV, checked me in, got me a room and gave me some antibiotics. Throughout my stay, I'd break a fever and then get it back again over and over. They talked about possibly inducing me if the fever came back because it was too much stress on Talmage to have his heartrate keep going up. Luckily, the second dose of antibiotics worked and my fever stayed away. So I was finally released from the hospital Thursday night. Those were 3 long days! The doctor and nurses still aren't sure what was wrong with me...possibly a virus. But at least it is gone now and hopefully for good!
Baby Talmage and I are doing good now. No fevers! Yay! Now I'm 36 weeks and can't wait for the day that we get to meet our little boy. I'm sure he wants to finally check out of "Mommy Hotel".