Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 months old

October 12, 2011
Emma Maren: 10 months old
17 lbs 3 oz

It is honestly hard to believe that Emma is 10 months old.  She seems to be growing up faster than Talmage did when he was a baby.  She is still so tiny and petite that it feels like she is only 6 months old.  Also, she's such a momma's girl.  I've been able to keep nursing her too.  I love the bonding time I have with her.  It's precious because in 2 short months, she'll be ONE and I won't be nursing anymore.  Emma is such a joy to have in our family.  Now that she's mobile and crawling, she's able to play a lot more with brother.  They've become best buds and as a mother, it's one of the best feelings in the world.  I feel so lucky and so blessed to be the mother of such a sweet, beautiful, innocent and pure little girl. 

Unfortunately, Emma has been sick.  To celebrate turning 10 months, I decided it was time I take her to the doctor to get her feeling better.  She'd been having a fever, cough, runny nose and pulling on her ear.  Her fever had been going on for about a week and I knew something was up.  Talmage had also been sick and eventually his virus led him to develop an ear infection.  Sure enough, Emma had an ear infection...in BOTH ears!  My poor baby.  She also had a virus.  This included a runny nose and really, really bad cough.  She'd been wheezing and struggling to breathe at times.  We were able to take home a breathing machine, get her antibiotic and her medication for her breathing treatments.  I'm so grateful for insurance, mother intuitions, skilled doctors and medication.  Emma is on the road to recovery and hopefully should be feeling better soon!


AND..... Emma finally got teeth!!  I think it was Saturday, September 24 that her two bottom teeth broke through her gums.  They still haven't fully come in all the way yet but they are getting there.  Since I'm still nursing, I'm soooo grateful that her teeth didn't come until 9 1/2 months! 

No comments: